Saturday, January 10, 2009

Painting

Over the Christmas break, I decided to paint my kitchen. My roommate helped me and we painted it RED. I love it. It adds so much. We did it on New Year's Eve. I figured I was going to be up until midnight anyway, might as well do a project. Lisa came over and painted a small section, too.


Getting started. First I had to tape everything. I hate this part. It's so hard to get everything even. I think I did ok.




There is no turning back now. Each coat went faster and faster. It really was not too bad. (4 1/2 coats. )


This after the first coat. I was concerened about the stripes, but after a few more coats, they went away.



And the finished product.

The light makes it look light, but it's dark and totally even. I think it adds so much to my house. Now, I'm ready to paint my room, my living room, the list keeps going.

8 comments:

PDXTingeys said...

I love the color!!! Steff you did a great job picking it out!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

that looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it in real life. Way to go!

Jen said...

Steff, it look awesome! I did a two of my family room walls red about a year ago, and after the first coat, I was a little nervous too. I love how red walls look, and yours look so great!

Jessica said...

Your kitchen looks great! I really need to do some painting, but I cannot motivate myself to do it. I want to come and see your place next time I am up. See ya!

Kara said...

Steff, it's beautiful! Nice job!! I am too chicken to try it. I know it would end up with red footprints over all the carpets :)

Jason and Kristin said...

You are soooo brave and it turned out awesome! That is a perfect New Year's Eve project.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

I love the color!! it is so nice and cheery!! way to go! I think painting is like getting your hair cut, if you don't like it you can re-paint, or grow out the hair!! =) But I love it!! =)