Here are the 1/2 marathon pics. Ahh...good times. I'm glad I have the pictures, because it might not happen again.
Thanks JeVonne for hooking me up with supplies for the race.
Here Jen and I are finding our names at Runner's Corner. Good thing we found them.
Checking for the bib number. It's in there, trust me.
Ahh..finally



Me, walking back to the family with my Finisher's shirt. (you only get the shirt if you finish the race) I was proud of myself. I ran the entire time. I walked during the water stations.
It was a pretty run down the canyon, ending at the city park. I keep thinking "You're in it, just finish it. It's just a nice run down the canyon" It was a pretty run. Long, but pretty. Not sure if I will sign up for another one too soon.
Video of me crossing the finish line.
Me, walking back to the family with my Finisher's shirt. (you only get the shirt if you finish the race) I was proud of myself. I ran the entire time. I walked during the water stations.
It was a pretty run down the canyon, ending at the city park. I keep thinking "You're in it, just finish it. It's just a nice run down the canyon" It was a pretty run. Long, but pretty. Not sure if I will sign up for another one too soon.
Video of me crossing the finish line.
Jen and I woke up at 4:30 am to get ready and left by 5. We made it down to Springville and got on a bus to ride up the canyon. Then we just kind of waited around until race time. Tons of people were up there just waiting around for the start time, stretching, jumping, warming up, practice sprinting. It's good time. The night before is the worst. I was so nervous, but the morning I was just ready to get it over with. I finished it in 2 hours 19 minutes. By mile 10 I was feeling it. Thanks to my Hammer gel--I found the strength to keep going.
I really needed it. That helped me get through. The last 1 1/2 miles my quads were screaming. You know that is a bad sign when you already hurt and the race is not done. People on the street were cheering and saying "You're almost done, keep going." And people who had already finished and were walking back were cheering us on. That was cool. People come out of their houses and cheer people on. There were about 1300 people who registered and only around 1000 finished. The others just could not hack it. 
The fantastic cheering club. Thanks guys for cheering as we ran to the finish line.
Refueling our bodies after the race. It was so hard to walk even 20 minutes after we were done. By the next day, my whole body ached. We felt pain so we weren't dead. But wow--once that Aleve wore off--all I wanted was to sleep and drink water. I still don't think I have hydrated myself back up. Good times.
(I have to refer you to my cousin's blog for the great book quote. It's awesome, just skim her blog. The quote summarizes our feelings, plus she does a better job of writing about the marathon.--Love ya jen--- Jen has a comment)


9 comments:
That. Is awesome. And I'm not even going to lie - I am so jealous.
Steff this is an amazing post-seriously we did it! And you were amazing! My goal is to match your time-at some point :o). Let's be honest, I think that this is something that just don't happen twice. Kind of the theme for the whole summer....
I am so amazed at all that you do Steff. You are so awesome!! I could never do something like that and I am really impressed. I'll have to admit that I got teary-eyed when I watched your video of you crossing the finish line. I'd like to blame it on my pregnancy emotions, but I am just an emotional person all the time. Especially when people accomplish great things. Way to go!!!
That was so awesome. I am so proud of you guys. I get teary eyed watching it again. Way to go!
HOLY Cow! WAy to go!!!!!!
Woo hoo! Good job that is very impressive!
Congrats Steff!! YOU are so awesome!!! I am so impressed with your running! And I love the finish line video....
Wow - I am super impressed. I could NEVER do that! You are amazing!
You are so cool! I think you are SO AMAZING for doing that!! YEAH!! way to go, Steph!!! you are so dang cute, too!! =) and by the way, I really hated Breaking Dawn. and i wanted to love it, too. sigh......just Not what i wanted or expected and to be honest, it just bugged me-- A LOT.
Post a Comment