Tuesday, August 12, 2008

California knows how to party......part II



Good times in LA. Here are my favorite pictures from the trip. First the BEACH.



We had to have our snacks.


And our eye candy......loved it.





.

We went to Zuma Beach and Santa Monica. Both days were beautiful beach days. Bonus: we did not get sunburned. Jen the resident re-applier was not letting any of us get sunburned on her watch.


Then we ate at our favorite breakfast place..Coogies. We love the zucchini bread and we like to watch for celebs. Waiting for our table. We had to wait 30 minutes in the sun for a table.. meanwhile...


Jeremy Piven, star of Entourage, just comes right in and gets his table. Yes, that's right we were totally slided by Piven. Which sparked our favoritie saying..."Did we just get Pivened?" Seriously, he just gets to walk right in while the rest of us wait. Is that fair?



We use this saying if we feel we were skipped in some way or we did not get everything we should have gotten. For example, Everyone got two scoops of strawberries on their yogurt. I only got one. You might say I got Pivened on the strawberries. Yeah, we think we are funny. In case you don't know who Jeremy Piven is..here is his picture.















Next on our list of favorite things to do in LA. We love eating at a place called C and O's. It's the best Italian place ever and it's always packed. We get in there and are ordering and checking things out when I look over at our neighbors. Now we have been watching this family of like 10 the entire time, but I suddenly realize who is sitting right next to me and my jawed dropped and I told Jamie. Of course she does not watch the show, so she does not know who it is. It's Tony (Carlos Bernard) from 24. My favorite show. He was so close I could have elbowed him in the ribs. I was so excited, but I needed confirmation.




I talk to Jen, for her to confirm it. She stands up and walks over to the restroom to confirm. She shakes her head and tries to tell Lisa, who is standing in line next to his niece or someone at that table.


We have confirmation! Wow.. He has worked with Kiefer and I like to think that I had dinner with him. I stood next to his wife while we both waited for the restroom. Now you can't really tell, but he is right by my hand over my shoulder. Yeah, he's pretty close. We had to stage the photo and I did not want to be annoying.

Here we are posing in front of the place showing our 24 sign. I was so excited.

We also like to hit Venice Beach. Jamie just did a drop off because I wanted to get some aviator sunglasses. Love them.




Then, this is the high school where Grease was filmed. Yeah, that's right..It's Rydell High. I wanted to get out and sing Summer lovin, but decided against it. We love to see random filming things. We also got on the Fox lot, but
could not find where Bones was film. I could only find this golf cart with the show's name on it. I like to think that David or Emily have been in that cart.


And we finish off the trip we our favorite yogurt, Pinkberry. We love it.




Alright, finally. I think those are all the pics. If there are more, I'll throw them in later.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun adventure!! It is always fun to have a star sighting or two. I'm glad that you can head out to California every year. What will you do without Jamie there next year! Loved the pics! Take care!

Shelly said...

It looks like you have been having so much fun! Your Cali trip sounds like it was a blast...and I can't believe all your celeb sightings!!

Lisa said...

Good Times in LA. I can't believe how lucky we were this trip on the celeb sightings.

Jason and Kristin said...

Shut up! We LOVE 24 and especially Tony! You are the one living the dream! That trip looked like so much fun. Now its back to work right?

jaMi n' beRt said...

steph, i am living my world traveling years thru you.. hope you don't mind.. looks like you had a great time!!! thans for sharing.. have fun with school in the next little bit.. stay away from the bats:).. you don't want rabies shots.. but then you and bailey would have a few things in common..

Cefalo Family said...

You had awesome celebrity sightings. I love California, too bad the California contact is moving to Portland. :( Lucky for her she is getting married, so happy for her!