Friday, February 6, 2009

Washington DC

Ok, what with all the new President and showing DC I was getting nostaligic for my DC pictures. The choir teacher needed someone at the last minute and jumped at the chance. This trip was so fun. This started a tradition of Nancy, Mari and me all going together on the choir tours. Last year was New York, this year, is New Orleans. I am so excited. Anyway, so due to the recent inaugeration, I started watching the West Wing again and decided to post some of my favorite DC pics.

I love the DC Temple. I think it looks so pretty. This was one of the first places we visited. (Just to kill some time)


This was the entire group in front of the Capital Building.






These were the girls that I was in charge of. They were such great girls and we had so much fun.


The White House.






Tomb of the Unknown Soliders and the changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetary.



JFK's eternal flame. This was pretty cool to see.



The choir singing in the Holocaust Museum. They sang so beautifully, it really brought tears to the eyes.


WWII memorial. This was huge and so cool to pay tribute to the men who fought.







Mari, Nancy and me. We were waiting around for the choir to finish singing in Union Station.



Jefferson Memorial.


My favorite monument is the Washington Monument. I just think it is so cool and it's totally represents DC.

Rick, Mari, me, and Nancy. We had the best time together. We have so many inside jokes from this trip..it is awesome. We still talk about our DC trip.

4 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Some of the cute girls in my ward went to NY too! I heard it was AMAZING!

Shelly said...

YOur pictures are so great...it looks like it was a great trip! How fun to visit all those cool places with the choir, I bet its a blast!!

Cheryl said...

What great experiences. Go any chance you get. I'm sure you are a fun chaperon and friend.
Sundance looked like fun too.

Lisa said...

I love DC. Great pictures!