This year for
Spring Break I stayed home. It was fantastic. It was a well needed break from work. I went to the gym every morning and then just did some random stuff. I loved it. Here comes the Spring Break day by day break down.
Day 1
I cleaned my ceiling fan. Good times.

Washed my shirts and got them ready to make my t-shirt quilt.

Washed my hair in purple Kool-Aid to help brighten the highlights. (a little Do it Yourself trick) And no my hair did not turn purple. I trusted In Style magazine.


I think it brightened them right up.

My mom has been making these delicious pancakes. I love them. They are made with seeds and you have to soak them for 12 hours and then grind them up. So I bought a thing to sprout seeds and try these pancakes. (I know it sounds weird--picture of pancakes coming, on later)

Layout of the t-shirt quilt. It took a little bit of time moving shirts to the 'right' place. Once I liked the layout I went and picked out the back of the quilt. My roommate went with me and we laid out the quilt and started pulling off all the flannel we thought would look good with it. I finally found the perfect fit.
Day 2/Day 3
After I sewed the t-shirts together and then went and bought the fabric it ran into day 3. Then I had to pin the batting and the back fabric together. After many times of folding and then getting help. I was ready to sew it.


Don't look at the stitching too closely.
Oh and I made pancakes that day too.

They turned out so good.

Then I tied it in the afternoon. And Ta-Da. The finished product. I know from the angle it looks really long, but it's actually a really great size.

If you look closely you can see I'm a Red Sox fan, I have a CTU shirt in there, The X-Files and a Washington State shirt (Thanks Jen), a few Lehi shirts, a shop with the Jazz Bear shirt, Kenny Chesney shirt, Ron Jon's surf shop, Jackson Hole shirts, and Utah State Shirt. It's so soft and perfect to curl up in and watch a movie.
Day 4I went to Jess's house and we worked on photoshop stuff, then I stayed for dinner and watched a movie. I had a great time.
Day 5Last day of offical Spring break--I watched some TV, cleaned my house. Then went up and met Lisa and Jen.
Oh and I got a new phone so this is pretty much what they were seeing all night Friday:


My favorite quote:
Jen: ahh, Steff we are ready to go eat. Can we tear you away from the phone?
Steff: What do you mean? The phone comes with me.
Lisa: Well this sure is fun. Maybe I should just go run my errands by myself. Since you are so busy with the phone and all. I feel like I'm talking to myself.
And there was a lot of : "Steff did you hear what I said." "Umm, yeah, just a second"


And I made peanut butter cookies too. Very good.

And I'm still trying to figure out my phone. I can call and text and take a picture--everything else.....I am still learning--oh and I can check my Red Sox scores. :)
4 comments:
It looks like you had a wonderful spring break. I love your quilt!
Oh my goodness, you are sooooo CUTE! That blanket is amazing and I'm so happy for you and the new phone!!!! I LOVE the photoshop post. I need more skills like that.
What a great week! I can't wait to make my T-Shirt quilt. So fun.
Your quilt turned out amazing!! What a talented lady you are! Love the pics of you trying to figure out your phone. I had fun with you during spring break! Lets play a ton this summer! Love ya!
Post a Comment