Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, we headed down to St. George. It was a party. Jim and Jill came out, Deb and Vern came down too. We had tons of fun. First off--Shooting for pies.
Girls with Guns! Look out.

Girls against Guys--The guy pulling for us said he had always wanted an all girl squad--Today, he got one. It was Deb, Emily, Lisa, me and Jill. The winner of our group got to shoot again with the guys. Jill won in our group.
Getting ready.We brought a stool for Gramps to sit on-so he could shoot too.

Jill and Dad tied--So we had a shoot off--

Jill was the big winner.
Now onto the dinner. Everyone pitched in and it went really fast.

The dreaded peeling of the potatoes.

The finished productAs always--it was delicious.

Next day was shopping and then more shooting.

Then we had Grandpa make omlettes.
This had been a Christmas Eve tradition for years. Since Grandpa and Grandma couldn't come up for Christmas, we had them at Thanksgiving.
We had a great time. My family cracks me up. Can't wait for the next get-together. We always have a good time.

3 comments:

PDXTingeys said...

I love your new blog header.

Fun pictures. I miss Thanksgiving with the Family.

Lisa said...

Yeah your new header is cute! I'm craving a omlete from grandpa right now :)

Sarah said...

After you left last month, I read your whole blog. I just keep forgetting to get on the computer and tell you that I found it and read it. (For some reason, I can't comment from my phone which is pretty much the only way I connect to the internet.) SO...I'll be reading from here on out...but I may not always comment. Just know that I'm lurking in the shadows.
Yes, it was tons of fun to see you. We should do it more! I want to come down someday and see your house. Maybe on a Sunday afternoon? (I'll come alone. No need to subject your home to the craziness of my children.)