Thursday, May 28, 2009

More fun from New Orleans

Ok, I am finally posting the rest of the New Orleans pics. I think one of my favorite things was the Jazz Festival. There was so many different genres of music. It was great. You could walk around and hear whatever you wanted and they had a ton of food. I had some jumbalya and parlines. Love it. The festival brought people in like, Bonjovi, Dave Matthews Band, Joe Cocker, The Roots Band, Etta James, Earth, Wind and Fire. I saw a little bit of Joe Cocker--but it was so dang crowded. I like the smaller stages.

One of more lively shows was a high school gospel choir. The woman with the tamborine was out of control. She would hit her elbows and her feet and shake the tamborine. It was so funny. She was definiatly feeling the power of music.
We also went on a swamp tour and saw some alligators. It was pretty cool, but then I kind of got bored. You see one alligator you've seen them all. However our guide had them all named and everything.



We also saw a plantation. It was pretty cool, but when I went to New Orleans before, I liked the plantations we saw better.




These are just some of my favorite pictures from the trip. We had time to walk around the French Quarter and Jackson Square.





Cafe Du Monde. I love this place and it's open 24hrs a day. I made Nancy walk down with me to have one of their Beignets. They are so good.









This was our hotel lobby. I thought it looked cool. It was a nice hotel. We had a great time.



Brek and the bus driver. He was awesome. He knew exactly where to go and he got where ever we needed right on time.

At the airport ready to go home. I love New Orleans. I would for sure plan another trip there.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Fun! What cool things to see and do.

Brad and Jana said...

Fun! Fun! I love beingets! We went there and ate them when we picked Jess up! Yummy! Looks like fun!

PDXTingeys said...

Fun pictures! The Pralines you brought back were delicious. I'm glad I was home and got to sample them.

Jessica said...

Mmmmmm........I wish I was eating a beignet right now!!! I love Cafe du monde. I'm glad that you had a great time. I have such fun memories of our trip to Louisiana way back when. Thanks for going on that adventure with me 9 or so years ago.

Lisa said...

Awesome recap. Looks like you guys had a "Wild Time"