A few weekends ago, Lisa, Amy and I went to see one of my students particpate in a motocross race. Ok I have never been to one of these, but let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised. I had so much fun. First we get there and the smell of exhaust nearly knocks us down--eventually I did get used to it, and could smell it on my clothes hours after I left the race. I did not get the best pics, but we had the best time.

Here is the track. It was pretty small. One of my students helped to build the track. It's so impressive.
We did not realize that we would need ear plugs. We did make a purchase and it was much more enjoyable. 
The thing that totally cracked me up was we could not hear a thing. So we would just hit each other and point. It was crazy. There are so many people on the track. There were a few accidents. 

I couldn't believe how high they get on some of the jumps and the wrecks. It looked pretty hard. I am so ready to go again. My student ended up placing 4th in his division. We thought he did great.
3 comments:
How fun!!!!! I really wish I could be there for some of your fun adventures. You are an awesome teacher to go out and support your students. I'm sure that means a lot to them! Love ya!
I can't wait for the next one. Good Times well maybe not the smell.
My grandsons would love to see the motorcross events. They are really into riding on the Southern Utah dirt trails.
Just watch--don't do it.
I think you must be a great teacher.
Post a Comment