My roommate made the cutest bag ,so of course I had to have one too. On Labor Day we went shopping for fabric. I was so excited. I got it all cut out and then we sewed it later that week.

It has been a long time since I have sewed anything. I did make pajama pants 2 years ago and swore I would never sew anything again. Well this bag was just too cute to resist. My roommate was great to tell me exactly what to do--that is the only way to do it.

Marianne cutting out her fabric. It was so much fun. We watched the Parent Trap and sewed away.
Drum roll please.......

The final product. It only took me 3 hours to sew. I thought that was pretty good. I love how big it is. You can fit so much in it.

This is a picture of the inside. It has
three pockets in it. My favorite part is the animal print. I just had to work that into the bag. I found out that I am
not the straightest sewer and I'm
not a perfectionist. It works. Don't look too closely or you will see all the mistakes. I can't wait to sew another one!
12 comments:
"Sew" cute Steff!!! ;) I had a lot of fun and I can't wait until our next project!
Love your new bag! That puts me in the mood to sew.
I flew to Cheyenne the morning after the reunion with Angie. We are having fun with Emily's family for a week.
It was so fun to see your family again.
Love the bag!! I want one too.
I love you bag. Way Cute!
That is the cutest bag ever!! Way to go! I need to break out the sewing machine and make something cute.
That is so stinking cute. You picked out fabulous fabric too!! Is there anyway to post the pattern? Hey, I have the phone number of a girl who rented out a theatre at the Gateway for the first showing of Twilight. Anyway, I already grabbed a bunch of seats for us obsessed people around here but let me know if you want her number to see if there are any seats left for your obsessed crowd :)
That's the cutest dang bag ever! Makes me want to bust out my sewing machine that I got last year for Christmas!
You should sell these on Etsy. It is inspiring me to make one. I love sewing. I make a lot of stuff for everyone else, but not me. I just finished making some bibs for my nephew and a quilt for Amelia. Maybe it's my turn. Love it.
Wow! I have no skills in that dept. I don't even know how I passed home ec. Cute bag.
That bag is so adorable steph!
I love the bag. How do you do it?
I am not a perfectionist, either, so I love making stuff.
How did I miss this post?
Adorable, love love the inside.
Our families favorite movie is "The Parent Trap"
Post a Comment