Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wishin' for New York

So my sisters and my cousin are headed for New York tonight. I am totally wishing that I was going with them. I am totally missing the city--so I am going to finally post my pictures.

We stayed at the Hotel Pennsylvania. It was right across from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. It was ok. It's a good thing that we were always out all hours of the night and did not hang too much in the room.
Nancy and me eating Pizza at Grimaldi's.




One day we took the subway into Brooklyn to have pizza. First of all the Brooklyn Bridge is one of my favorite New York landmarks. I think it is so cool. We ate pizza at Grimaldi's. It was so good. This is where I saw Sophia Bush. It was so exciting. She was one table away. This was also the day my friends and I all slept in. We had to be in the lobby by 7:45. We woke up at 7:28!! NOT COOL. But we made it.












Magnolia Bakery. LOVE IT! They have the best cupcakes ever. My favorite is the chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing. I totally slammed my cupcake. I was starving. I am dying for one now.



Earlier that day we stopped by Ground Zero. It was an emotional place. I could not see much there, due to construction, but there was a feeling there.



We were sure to support the local Fire Department. My girls were very happy to pose with the HOT firemen. I liked the one on the right. They were like celebrities around there. Their station was right across from Ground Zero, so their department had to be one of the first on the scene.







While we were there we saw a Mets game. The Mets won in the 14th inning. It was pretty exciting. I wish it was the Yankee/Red Sox game, but those tickets were a little pricey.

Go Mets! Darcie, Nancy and me eating a hot dog. It was good, but it was no Dodger Dog.







This was one of my favorite purchases of the trip. I bought an initial necklace at Tiffany's. I love it. It's my favorite piece of jewelry and I wear it almost everyday.









We saw some Broadway shows while we were there as well. I saw CryBaby, Phantom and Mary Poppins. Mary Poppins was my favorite.


The group at the M&M store. Nancy, Darcie, Gwen, me and Mari.


Tiffany and Bailey looking at purse on Canal Street. I got yelled at for taking this picture. (evidence maybe...) I bought two purses and perfume. I love them all!


The day we slept in. I think we look pretty good. Again we made it on time..and no one knew!


Sydney, me and Nicki. Two of the girls I was in charge of.

Favorite Pictures.



I can't wait to go back.
(This post took forever, please forgive any spelling errors.)



























5 comments:

Lisa said...

Yo Yo, I wish you were coming with us. You will be missed. We will text real time updates. I am so excited. I will call you from NYC. (really not trying to rub it in even though it sounds like it.) I'm out!

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a great time in N.Y. I would love to go there someday. Did Nancy work at AF High school when we were there? She looks familiar. Oh, and did you take those pictures under favorite pictures, because they are amazing photos! You are too cute and I love to read your blog!! Take care!

Shelly said...

What great pictures!! It looks like New York couldn't be more fun!! What a great time...I love that you bought a necklace at Tiffany's (okay jealous too!) And all your pictures are amazing! I told Dawn about your blog and so she can check on you too!! I love that your blogging!

Skelley Family said...

Hey, that totally looks like the Nancy that worked at AFH when we were there. Looks like you had alot of fun !!!

Cefalo Family said...

Between you and Lisa, I wish I was in New York. I love that place glad you had a good time!